top of page
Holly Conner

About Us

Tax C.A.T.S. has been providing clients with personalized tax and accounting services throughout Northwest Indiana since 1992. With our registered training and extensive knowledge with personal and  business finances, we are equipped to handle all of your accounting needs, no matter how complex. No matter what level of assistance you require , we are ready to serve as your tax planners and accounting advisors.

Holly Conner (Owner) is licensed as an Enrolled Agent (EA) to practice before the IRS, holds a Doctorate in Management (ABD), a Masters in Business Administration, specializing in Public Administration, along with a Graduate Certification in Accounting.   

What is an Enrolled Agent?
An enrolled agent (EA) is a federally licensed tax practitioner who has technical expertise in the field of taxation and is empowered by the U.S. Department of the Treasury to represent taxpayers for audits, collections and appeals before all administrative levels of the Internal Revenue Service.

What does the term “Enrolled Agent” mean? 

“Enrolled” means to be licensed to practice by the federal government and “agent” means authorized to appear in place of the taxpayer before IRS. Only enrolled agents, attorneys and certified public accountants may represent taxpayers before IRS. The enrolled agent profession dates back to 1884 when, after questionable claims were presented for Civil War losses, Congress acted to regulate persons who represented citizens in their dealings with the U.S. Department of the Treasury.

What are the differences between enrolled agents and other tax preparers?
Only enrolled agents demonstrate their competence in matters of taxation and repost their hours of continuing professional education to IRS. Enrolled agents are the only taxpayer representatives who receive their right to practice directly from the U.S. government (certified public accountants and attorneys are licensed by states and their licenses are state specific). Unlike attorneys and certified public accountants, who may or may not choose to focus on taxes, all enrolled agents specialize in taxation.

How can an Enrolled agent help me?
Enrolled agents advise, represent and prepare tax returns for individuals, partnerships, corporations, estates, trusts and any other entity with tax-reporting requirements. Enrolled agents prepare millions of tax returns each year. Enrolled agents’ expertise in the continually changing field of taxation enables them to effectively represent taxpayers audited by IRS.

Some enrolled agents work only during tax season or by appointment only, while other enrolled agents have year round practices. In addition to tax preparation and tax representation, many enrolled agents offer other business related services which may include:

  • Accounting

  • Financial planning or budgeting

  • Payroll services

  • Financial statement preparation

  • Tax Preparation

Because enrolled agents have such diverse backgrounds and may offer a variety of services, it is important to talk with your enrolled agent about how his/her expertise may assist you.


bottom of page